Threads From the Web | Monday 19th January 2009
Image by Farruska.
- Amazing photos inspired by events leading up to the French revolution.
- Check out the flow chart for heavy metal band names. I just love that the whole thing is an inverted pentagram! Oh, & that it’s a flow chart! \m/
- Dita Von Teese for Express Style is the ultimate feme fatal: dark, lux & beautiful.
- Jenifer 8. Lee & Cara Buckley of the New York Times explore the darker underside of DIY abortion. The stories these ladies have to tell are heart rending.
- Christmas cards that are perfect for use during a recession. My personal favourite is the “Selling the kids Christmas card.” Yours?
- Yulia Brodskaya creates some drop dead gorgeous paper art. Totally amazing!
- Hold your breath every time you use Google & you just might save the planet!
- I’ve always found the scent of coriander (cilantro) repulsive. Now I know why.
- Dark Roasted Blend explores some alluringly creepy abandoned theme parks. Very Spirited Away.
- How awesome is Blake Lively?!
- Only die-hard culinary explorers will be willing to try a taste of snail caviar. Personally, I’m a bit of a wuss.
- Tina Su uses a circle as the perfect metaphor for the ideal lifestyle & gives a few tips for “designing” the life you want. My circle could be a little smoother, how about yours?
- Smash Magazine predicts the top web design trends for 2009. Will Bella’s Threads follow suit? Stay tuned to find out!
- I am totally considering Eye-fi. “Upload photos automatically from your digital camera to your computer,” no cables or anything. How awesome is that?!
- Amelia Arsenic rocks that big red bow!
- How to make your own snow globe! I always found snow globes fascinating as a child. Who didn’t? Now you can make your own!
- Thursday Bram makes it easy for you – 50 Businesses You Can Start In Your Spare Time!
- Someone finally said it “Vogue is getting a bit stale.” What does this mean for the magazine’s future?
- These final threads are full of awesome video content. This is perhaps the most hilarious condom ad I have ever seen.
- 4th Estate creates the most adorable video for bibliophiles like myself. A world made of books. How absolutely lovely!
- Let my Grandfather read you a bedtime story – he’s really very good at it!
This post was written by Bella Blithely (contact).